At Deaville Roofing & Construction, we are your go-to for window replacements in Charleston. We have more than 35 years of experience in the industry and have provided thousands of customers with quality solutions. If you are in the market for new windows, consult with us. We would be happy to walk you through your options and help you choose windows that fit your home’s aesthetic, work with your budget, and add value to your property.
Call us today or contact us online to discuss upgrading your windows in Charleston, SC!
How to Know When to Replace Windows
Depending on the materials, windows can last anywhere from 15-30 years. Because this range is relatively broad, it is important to be on the lookout for signs it is time for an upgrade. Beyond visible damage and cracks, you could do well to replace your windows if yours are especially drafty, condensation frequently builds up between panes, or you have difficulty opening or closing them. All these issues indicate that your windows are not in great shape, which can affect your whole home. From upping your energy costs to compromising your protection, old or damaged windows can be an expensive problem.
Replacing your windows can provide you with numerous benefits, especially in a place like South Carolina.
Replacing your windows can:
- Improve your energy efficiency: Many windows on the market today can effectively retain hot and cold air, making it so your HVAC units do not have to work as hard or for as long to keep your household comfortable.
- Increase your home’s value: If you are looking to sell your property, new windows are going to attract buyers and help you get a higher selling price.
- Reduce noise: Would you rather not hear your neighbor mowing their lawn or cars driving up and down your street? Windows with double or triple panes can lower these outside noises, making your indoor environment much more peaceful than before.
- Offer UV protection: In South Carolina, we get a lot of sunshine throughout the year, which can take a toll on furniture, flooring, and other parts of your property. Many options for new windows provide UV protection that can mitigate the effects of frequent sunshine.
“John has an established reputation for honest dealing with his customers over many years!” - Eugene L.
Charleston is a beautiful area in South Carolina that sees a lot of sun and experiences the occasional severe storm. Our climate is one of the biggest things you ought to consider when choosing windows for your home, which leads us to our first tip.
- Energy Efficiency: The area’s hot summers mean that air conditioning bills can quickly add up. Choosing energy-efficient windows can reduce your energy costs and keep your home comfortable year-round. Look for windows with low-E coatings and insulated frames to keep cool air inside during the summer and warm air inside during the winter.
- Durability: Exposure to saltwater, high humidity, and strong winds can all take a toll on traditional wood and aluminum-clad windows. Consider choosing vinyl or fiberglass-clad windows that are designed to withstand harsh coastal conditions without warping or corroding.
- Aesthetics: Finally, we know you want your home to be more beautiful than ever after replacing your windows. This is why for our last tip we recommend that you consider the aesthetic you want and turn to a contractor who can provide it—like our experienced team at Deaville Roofing & Construction. With over 35 years of experience under our belt, you can trust us to deliver stunning results that have been made to last.