We understand it is not always easy to know when you should replace your roof. Many factors that go into this decision such as its age, materials, and the kinds of damage and wear it has sustained. After more than 35 years in the industry, we have seen roofs in all kinds of conditions and want to share our insight to help you navigate this decision process.
Below are signs to watch for that can tell you it is time for a new roof:
- For shingles, any areas with cracks, bald spots, or curling edges are signs it is time for an upgrade. When these things happen, they leave your property vulnerable, especially during storms.
- Any signs of water damage to ceilings or walls on your upper floors can indicate your roof is leaking, and it could be best to replace it.
- Every roofing material has an estimated lifespan. If yours is nearing the end of that period, it is smart to get a replacement so you can avoid the frequent and expensive problems that come with an older roof.
- For any type of roofing type such as metal, slate, clay or cement tile, and more, missing, loose, or damaged materials are clear indications that you should get an update.
- A sagging roof is a sure sign that your infrastructure is not protected. It is important to replace it if this happens to avoid more serious structural damage.
While a full replacement is much more expensive upfront than a one-time repair, the value of the investment outweighs the costs of multiple services and potential compounding damage. If you are in the market for a new roof, turn to our team at Deaville Roofing & Construction. We would be glad to work with you to provide a reliable roof replacement at a great price.
Our climate in South Carolina is warm and humid, which means your roofing materials need to be able to withstand high temperatures, frequent sunshine, regular rainfall, and the occasional severe storm. One of the top materials for the job is asphalt shingles. This is no surprise, as they are one of the most affordable and durable options. Not only that, but shingles come in a variety of colors and styles that can fit the aesthetic of your house perfectly.
Metal roofs are another great option for homes in South Carolina because they are durable, with a lifespan of up to 50 years or more. This material can also improve your energy efficiency. This is because metal roofs reflect sunlight, which can make it easier to keep your home cool during the hot summer months.
Tile and slate are two other material choices that have unique aesthetics and great durability, but they are two of the more expensive options. With tile roofing, you can capture a beautiful Mediterranean or Spanish-style design and make no compromises on longevity. With ample care, tile roofing can last for up to 50 years or more. As for slate, you get superior resistance to the elements and a roof that can last well beyond a hundred years with proper care.
Ultimately, the best type of roofing for your South Carolina home depends on your home’s style, the durability you want, and your budget. Our team at Deaville Roofing & Construction would be glad to help you weigh your options and choose a material that fits your specifications. We also offer great financing options, which can allow you to get the replacement you need, without having to wait!
“John has an established reputation for honest dealing with his customers over many years!” - Eugene L.
“You can't go wrong using his company to replace your roof!” - Paul B.
“I highly recommend Deaville Roofing and Construction!” - Catherine W.
“Our roof looks amazing!” - Darryl H.
“My new sunroom is beautiful and my family will enjoy it for many years to come!” - Edye P.
“Very happy and satisfied with his company and highly recommend his service!” - Pat H.
“They are family owned and down-to-earth honest people!” - Valerie C.
“It was a pleasure working with Deaville and I would definitely recommend them!” - Kate M.